LMAC Group – Senior Digital Manufacturing Consultant
Who are LMAC?
We exist to bring prosperity to communities.
LMAC are leaders in Advanced Manufacturing. Revolutionising manufacturing & primary industries through digital transformation. Working across the country, from boating out to remote fish farms near to working with Aerospace Lab teams, our consultants support our manufacturing & primary industry clients with their digital transformation journey.
What do you get from LMAC?
LMAC is a tight knit group of experts. Keen about enjoying what we do and how we do it. Our team manage their own time, ensuring the best possible work life balance, whilst still working across the country with some of New Zealand’s top manufacturing businesses. We get together socially and professionally, teaming up on projects, regularly keeping the team inspired and surrounded by experience and support. Personal development is the core of us staying competitive and delivering for our clients so expect numerous opportunities for this.
Where have we come from, where are we going?
Our roots in Operational Excellence go back two decades, showcasing our dedication to staying at the forefront of manufacturing expertise. Today, we’ve expanded our service offerings to include best practice asset management, change management, and operational strategy development and deployment, all aimed at propelling our clients to new heights of success.
Digital Transformation is the latest & complementary addition to these. Bringing in expertise from around the world we have been building Digital Transformation Plans with our clients for four years using our SIRI assessment process. As the delivery partner of the Callaghan Innovation Industry 4 Demonstration Network transformation programme in New Zealand, and similar programmes in the UK, we have built a strong brand as the independent experts in advanced manufacturing through insightful workshops, webinars and consulting.
To leverage the significant investment and momentum for Digital Transformation support we are looking to grow our team. Specifically working with clients on deploying their digital transformation plans.
What’s the role & who are we looking for?
As an experienced manufacturing professional or consultant with knowledge in varied operations, this role provides the opportunity to support and deliver digital transformation projects alongside clients.
Working concurrently with multiple clients, it involves the development of digital transformation plans before progressing to detailed planning, project management and delivery stages. This includes identifying suitable technology providers where necessary. The role requires a willingness to travel to domestic locations to work at our clients’ sites, combined with remote working and time in the LMAC office.
We are looking for motivated professionals who are driven to solve client problems. Being a detail-orientated person, you would thrive in an environment where you have to think independently and outside the box to develop and implement plans that will deliver huge value; delighting clients & their teams.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of Industry 4.0 principles and technology within a modern manufacturing environment.
- Ability to facilitate the detail development of a transformation roadmap that achieves the business objectives with a senior team.
- Able to facilitate workshops & present to large groups of manufacturing leaders.
- Experience with deploying technology, both OT & IT based within a variety of manufacturing or primary industry environments.
- Consulting experience, building relationships rapidly and identifying future opportunities to support.
- Project management, collaboratively developing plans, tracking progress and
- KPI deliverables en route to project completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the field of data analytics and visualisation.
- Connecting regularly with the wider LMAC team, maintaining good working relationships, and staying in touch with activities across the business.
- Building instant rapport with clients, turning into long lasting partnerships.
Inspiring and educating Leaders on the potential benefits of Digital
- Manufacturing through interactive workshops and training.
- Delivering Smart Industry Readiness Index (SIRI) Assessments to evaluate an organisations current level of maturity and identify priorities for digital transformation. (Examples, support & formal certified training will be provided).
- Building digital transformation roadmaps following these assessments, including possible design of green field manufacturing operations from a technology perspective.
- Consult on preparation and change management activities to set clients up for success when deploying the digital transformation plan.
- Project Management & Governance of deployment of Digital Transformation plans.
- Identifying suitable technology providers where appropriate to support the delivery of the digital transformation plan.
- Accurately tracking time & expenses to achieve utilisation & revenue KPIs.
- Identifying new opportunities with existing & new clients through development of a strong network.
Other beneficial experience:
- Successful deployment of Lean Manufacturing / Operational Excellence Programmes & Tools.
- Best practice Asset Management, including preventative & predictive maintenance and early equipment management.
- Having held leadership roles within manufacturing, particularly where coaching other leaders / supervisors was required.
- Passionate about staying up to date with the latest trends and technology providers.
$130,000 to $150,000 (NZD) package
£65,000 to £75,000 (GBP) package
Relocation packages to New Zealand available for the right candidates.